Built originally in 1817 for the department of the treasury as the Lighthouse Keepers house in West Chop, it was moved to its current location in 1856. Most recently owned by the Block family it underwent significant upgrades in 2014 which included the following: Insulation, wiring, plumbing, total new bathroom on lower floor with radiant floor heat, a ducted air-source heat pump for heat and AC, full foundation under 2 story section and a crawl space under 1 story section. refinished floors, new roofing, some new trim, landscaping, and rebuilt shed just behind house that was totally rotten, new driveway, stonewall and plantings. Modest upgrades in Kitchen to retain antique character. House could still use shingles, some more trim replacement and a few other things but it is a great house on an amazing parcel of land with the ability to have up to 5 bedrooms. This property is actually 2 parcels and there are 2 septic systems in place. Buyers ability to build, add or modify will be subject to the historic district rules in addition to the towns zoning codes. NOTE: Broker has an owners interest in this property
Property description and photographs provided by listing agent: Feiner Real Estate
Thanks for contacting us. We will get in touch with you soon!